Iowa roadways remain closed due to flooding- 2:45 p.m. Update
AMES, Iowa – Flooding continues to affect many roadways in the state, according to Iowa Department of Transportation (Iowa DOT) officials. Iowans are urged to closely monitor conditions and never enter a water-covered roadway.
Updated road closures since the June 11, 12:30 p.m. release
- Iowa 1: in Linn County – Road closed from U.S. 30 to Linn County Road W-8E due to flooding of Cedar River.
- Iowa 92: in Marion County – Iowa 92 is closed to traffic from Mahaska County line west to Marion County Road T-17 due to flooding.
- U.S. 61: in Louisa County – U.S. 61 is closed from the north city limits of Wapello to south of Iowa 92.
- U.S. 151: in Linn County – Road closed from Iowa 220 to U.S. 6 between the town of Amana and Homestead.
Roadways now open to traffic since the last update
- U.S. 69: at Belmond in Wright County – This roadway is now open from Iowa 3 to Belmond. U.S. 69 remains closed north of Belmond.
Previously mentioned and updated road closures
I-29: all exit and entrance ramps at McPaul interchange – All exit and entrance ramps are closed at the McPaul interchange (exit 20) in Fremont County. (modification from previous listing)
I-380 and 1st Avenue interchange: in Linn County (ramp closures only) – The northbound I-380 entrance ramp (#19A) to 1st Avenue West and the southbound I-380 exit ramp (#19B) have been closed due to flood waters over 1st Avenue West in downtown Cedar Rapids. I-380 remains open.
I-380 and 1st Street interchange: in Linn County (ramp closures only) – The northbound I-380 exit ramp (#19C) to 1st Street West and the southbound I-380 exit ramp (#20A) to 1st Street East have been closed due to flood in downtown Cedar Rapids. I-380 remains open.
I-380 and H Avenue Interchange: in Linn County (ramp closure only) - The southbound I-380 exit ramp (#21) to H Avenue has been closed due to flooding waters in downtown Cedar Rapids.
- I-80 and Dubuque Street interchange: in Johnson County – Flood waters are over Dubuque Street south of this interchange in Iowa City. The southbound exit from I-80 is closed.
- I-380 exit ramp Diagonal Drive Interchange: in Linn County (ramp closure only) - The northbound I-380 exit ramp (#19A) to Diagonal Drive has been closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 18: in Floyd County – Portions of U.S. 18 in Floyd County are open. While flood waters have receded, the water damaged the roadway east of Charles City. U.S. 18 will remain closed from Charles City to New Hampton until repairs can be made. Detour using local roads.
- U.S. 30: in Boone County – U.S. 30 is closed at the Des Moines River west of the city of Boone.
- U.S. 61: in Scott County - U.S. 61 is closed in the city of Davenport from Iowa 22 to U.S. 67 south due to the rising Mississippi River.
- U.S. 63: south of Tama – This road is closed due to flooding of the Iowa River.
- U.S. 63: in Black Hawk County – U.S. 63 is closed in downtown Waterloo from University Avenue to Commercial Street.
- U.S. 65/Iowa 5 bypass in Polk County : U.S. 65 is closed in both directions from U.S. 69 (E14th Street ) to Iowa 163/University Ave. due to the rising Des Moines River.
- U.S. 65: in Cerro Gordo County – The outside lanes of U.S. 65 are closed on the north edge of Mason City.
- U.S. 65: in Polk County – The Vandalia Road exit from U.S. 65 in Pleasant Hill is closed.
- U.S. 67: in Scott County – U.S. 67 is closed in the city of Davenport from Federal Street to the Illinois State Line. The city of Davenport is building an earthen dike across U.S. 67 for anticipated flooding of the Mississippi River . (modification from previous listing)
- U.S. 69: in Wright County – This roadway is closed north of Belmond.
- U.S. 151 Business: in Linn County – The city of Cedar Rapids is closing the 1st Avenue bridge (also Business U.S. 151) due to rising flood waters.
- U.S. 169: in Dallas County – U.S. 169 is closed in Adel. Traffic is being detoured using Dallas County roads F-65 and P-58 and Iowa 44.
- U.S. 218 ramp: in Black Hawk County – The Iowa 57 westbound ramp from U.S. 218 southbound is closed.
- U.S. 218/Iowa 27: in Bremer and Black Hawk counties – U.S. 218/Iowa 27, known as the Avenue of the Saints, south of Waverly is closed. A detour route has been established using Black Hawk County Road C-57 and U.S. 63 around the Cedar Falls area. Southbound traffic should proceed east on Black Hawk County Road C-57, south on U.S. 63, east on Black Hawk County Road C-66, south on Black Hawk County Road V-49, east on Dubuque Road, and south on Plaza Drive to U.S. 20.
- U.S. 218: in Benton County – U.S. 218 is now closed from Iowa 8 north to La Porte City.
- U.S 218: in Black Hawk – U.S. 218 is closed at the bridge in La Porte City.
- U.S. 275: in Fremont County – This roadway is closed from the Missouri state line to Fremont County Road J-64 (old Iowa 333) at Hamburg.
- Iowa 3: in Butler County – This highway is closed west of Shell Rock.
- Iowa 5: in Warren County – Northbound Iowa 5 is closed at Hartford . Water is over the road about 2.5 miles north of the intersection of Iowa 5 and Warren County Road G-24.
- Iowa 14: north of Marshalltown – Iowa 14 is closed beginning at Marshall County Road E-27 due to rising waters from the Iowa River.
- Iowa 21: from Iowa 212 north to Benton County Road E-66 – The road remains closed south of Belle Plaine.
- Iowa 24: in Winneshiek County – Iowa 24 is closed at Fort Atkinson. This will be a long-term closure for bridge repair.
- Iowa 25: in Adair County – Iowa 25 is closed one mile south of I-80 due to Middle River flooding.
- Iowa 56: in Clayton County – This road is closed at the Iowa 13/Iowa 56 junction in Elkader.
- Iowa 57: in Black Hawk County – Iowa 57 is closed from Cedar Falls to U.S. 218.
- Iowa 57: in Butler County – This road is again closed from New Hartford to Parkersburg due to flooding.
- Iowa 92: in Louisa County – Iowa 92 is closed in Columbus Junction. Traffic is being detoured onto local roads.
- Iowa 92: in Mahaska County – Iowa 92 is closed at Mahaska County Road V-13. Traffic is being detoured on local roads.
- Iowa 220: in Iowa County – Iowa 220 is closed between South Amana and West Amana.
- Iowa 150: in Buchanan County – High water at the bridge over the Wapsipinicon River has closed this road in Independence.
- Iowa 150: Benton County – Iowa 150 is closed in Vinton.
- Iowa 330: south of Albion in Marshall County – This road is closed due to rising waters from the Iowa River.
- Iowa 934 (University Avenue): in Waterloo – has been closed from Ansborough Avenue to U.S. 63 due to flooding.
- Louisa County: Meyerholz Lake Area – Louisa County Road G-26 is closed. Several local roads are also closed in this area.
Flood safety tips and other helpful information for travelers are available at: http://iowadot.gov/floods/index.html#