AMES, Iowa – Oct. 19, 2009 – The Iowa Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Office of Aviation invites all interested individuals and groups to participate in updating the Iowa Aviation System Plan, last changed in 2004. The 20-year system plan sets the direction for future development within the air transportation system in Iowa.
To gain input, the Iowa DOT will conduct two public meetings scheduled for 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. on the following dates at the noted locations.
· Tuesday, Oct. 20, at the Carrollton Inn, 1730 U.S. 71 North in Carroll
· Thursday, Oct. 22, at the Kirkwood Center for Continuing Education, Suites B & C, 7725 Kirkwood Blvd. SW in Cedar Rapids
Items to be discussed include:
· Updates of airport data and aircraft activity forecasts.
· A review of goals, objectives, airport roles, and facility and service objectives for airports.
· Evaluation of air transportation system plan performance measures.
· Analysis of airport flight path approaches for increased safety and efficiency.
· Recommendations for future system needs.
For more information on the current system plan and to comment on the system plan update, or for directions to the public input meetings, please visit the Aviation System Plan link on the Office of Aviation’s Web site at www.iawings.com (click on “Meetings”). Written comments can be sent to the Iowa DOT, Office of Aviation, System Plan Update, 800 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA 50010.