Additional Interstate 29 closures north of Council Bluffs #MoRiver
AMES, Iowa – June 9, 2011 – 7:15 p.m. – The Iowa Department of Transportation is announcing the following flood-related road restrictions and planned closure of Interstate 29 north of Council Bluffs.
- At 9 p.m. this evening, the left lane of northbound I-29 will close from mile marker 66.5 to 69.
- During the overnight hours, I-29 (all northbound and southbound lanes) will close from mile marker 61 (Crescent exit) to the I-29/680 interchange near Loveland.
Currently closed in this area
- The right lane of southbound I-29 is closed from mile marker 69 to 66.5 (just north of the Honey Creek exit).
- The ramp from southbound I-29 to westbound I-680 (exit 61B) is closed.
- The westbound exit/entrance ramps at I-680, exit 1 are closed.
For current updates on road conditions – 24 hours a day, visit www.511ia.org or call 511.
For traveler assistance, call the Iowa DOT’s flood information call center 866-452-8510 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
For all of the Iowa DOT’s flood-related information, visit http://www.iowadot.gov/ and click on the “Flooding Ahead” sign. You can also follow the Iowa DOT on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/iowadot/.
Media contact: Dena Gray-Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org