AMES, Iowa – Sept. 27, 2013 – Road construction work on westbound Interstate 235 at the 63rd Street interchange (exit 4) in Windsor Heights will now require closing the westbound entrance ramp beginning 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 7, until approximately Friday, Oct. 18, weather permitting, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation’s Des Moines construction office. The closure had been scheduled to close Monday, Sept. 30.
Other westbound I-235 auxiliary lane construction-related traffic information:
- 63rd Street west- and eastbound exit ramps (exit 4) will remain open while construction is taking place.
- Motorists wanting to get onto westbound I-235 from the 63rd Street area should to travel to the 73rd Street interchange (exit 3).
- The 73rd Street exit ramp will also remain closed until approximately Nov. 7.
- The three westbound I-235 traffic lanes will remain open while the road work continues between the 63rd Street interchange (exit 4) and the 73rd Street interchange (exit 3).
- The westbound I-235 off-ramp to 73rd Street/Eighth Street will also be closed while this project is taking place.
The Iowa DOT reminds motorists to drive with caution, obey posted speed limit and other signs in the work area, and be aware that traffic fines for moving violations are at least double in work zones. As in all work zones, drivers should stay alert, allow ample space between vehicles, and wear seat belts.
For traveler information anytime, visit www.511ia.org; call 511 (within Iowa) or 800-288-1047 (nationwide); stay connected with 511 on Facebook or Twitter (find links at www.iowadot.com/511/socialmedia.html); or download the free app to your mobile device.
Contact: Dan Zeimen at 515-261-9500 or email@example.com