Several patching projects on central Iowa roads to begin July 6
DES MOINES, Iowa – June 26, 2009 – Pavement patching work will cause intermittent, overnight lane restrictions on several roads in central Iowa, beginning Monday, July 6, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Des Moines construction office.
The Iowa DOT is allowing contractors to close lanes of traffic in either direction on the following roads during the overnight hours from 7 p.m. Sunday nights to 6 a.m. Friday mornings. No lane closures for patching work will be allowed outside these hours. These patching projects are expected to be completed by mid-September, weather permitting.
- Iowa 17 between Granger and Madrid
- Iowa 160 (Oralabor Road) from Iowa 415 to U.S. 69 in Ankeny
- Iowa 415 between Polk County roads F-46 and R6F
- Interstate 35 from Des Moines (exit 137 – northeast mixmaster) north to before exit 151 (Wright County roads C-70 and R-75). Closures also approved from 9 p.m. Sunday nights to 6:30 Monday mornings for this project.
- Interstate 80 through Jasper and Poweshiek counties
- Interstate 80 through the Des Moines metro area
- U.S. 69 from after Iowa 160 (Oralabor Road in Ankeny) to before Polk County Road F-22
The Iowa DOT reminds motorists to drive with caution, obey posted speed limit and other signs in the work area, and be aware that traffic fines for moving violations can more than double in work zones. As in all work zones, drivers should stay alert, allow ample space between vehicles and wear seat belts.
Contact: Greg Mulder at 515-261-9500 or e-mail [email protected]