Iowa DOT postpones meeting seeking public input for aviation system planning
AMES, Iowa – Dec. 7, 2009 – Due to the impending winter weather, the Iowa Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Office of Aviation has postponed the public input meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 8, to discuss the Aviation System Plan.
The meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Ankeny Regional Airport, 3700 S.E. Convenience Blvd.
Items to be discussed include the following.
· Update of airport data and aircraft activity forecasts
· Review of goals, objectives, airport roles, and facility and service objectives for airports
· Evaluation of air transportation system plan performance measures
· Analysis of airport flight-path approaches for increased safety and efficiency
· Recommendations for future system needs
For more information on the current system plan and to comment on the system plan update, please visit the Aviation System Plan link on the Office of Aviation’s Web site at www.iawings.com (click on “Meetings”). Written comments can be sent to the Iowa DOT, Office of Aviation, System Plan Update, 800 Lincoln Way, Ames, Iowa 50010.