Iowa DOT seeks public input for aviation system planning
AMES, Iowa – Dec. 3, 2009 – The Iowa Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Office of Aviation invites all interested individuals and groups to participate in a public input meeting to update the Iowa Aviation System Plan. The 20-year system plan, last updated in 2004, sets the direction for future development within the air transportation system in Iowa.
Previous meetings seeking input for the system plan were held in Carroll and Cedar Rapids during the month of October. The next public input meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8, at the Ankeny Regional Airport, 3700 S.E. Convenience Blvd. in Ankeny.
Items to be discussed include:
· Update of airport data and aircraft activity forecasts.
· Review of goals, objectives, airport roles, and facility and service objectives for airports.
· Evaluation of air transportation system plan performance measures.
· Analysis of airport flight path approaches for increased safety and efficiency.
· Recommendations for future system needs.
For more information on the current system plan and to comment on the system plan update, please visit the Aviation System Plan link on the Office of Aviation’s Web site at www.iawings.com (click on “Meetings”). Written comments can be sent to the Iowa DOT, Office of Aviation, System Plan Update, 800 Lincoln Way, Ames, Iowa 50010.