Upcoming Council Bluffs interstate closures #iatraffic
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Sept. 25, 2017 – The 2017 construction season will soon come to an end, with the winter months ahead, so contractors are working hard to finish up projects before the snow starts to fly.
At 6 a.m. Monday, Oct. 2, construction crews will close the Madison Avenue on-ramp to westbound I-80 (exit 3). The on-ramp will be closed for approximately 30 days while the ramp is connected to the future interstate alignment. When it is reopened, a shift for westbound I-80 traffic will occur. See detour route for more details.
A number of overnight closures are planned as well. These include:
- Nightly closures Monday, Sept. 25, through Friday morning, Sept. 29.
- Northbound I-29 (exit 48) to westbound I-80 will be closed 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Eastbound I-80 (exit 3) to South Expressway and the right lane of eastbound I-80 will be closed 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound I-29 will be closed between Ninth Avenue and Nebraska Avenue from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 1, and Monday, Oct. 2.
- Eastbound I-80 will be closed at the I-80/I-29 interchange (exit 4) from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Oct. 2.
- Northbound I-29 (exit 48) to westbound I-80 will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3.
- Westbound I-80 (exit 5) to Madison Avenue will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3.
- Northbound I-29 will be closed between Nebraska Avenue and Ninth Avenue from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 8.
The Iowa DOT strives to minimize the impact construction has on travel and businesses. For more information or to sign up for alerts, visit the program website at www.CouncilBluffsInterstate.IowaDOT.gov. You can also contact the program office at 712-216-3339 or info@CouncilBluffsInterstate.com.
The latest traveler information is available anytime through our 511 system. Visit 511ia.org; call 511 (within Iowa) or 800-288-1047 (nationwide); stay connected with 511 on Facebook or Twitter (find links at https://iowadot.gov/511/511-social-media-sites); or download the free app to your mobile device.
To receive email or text alerts about traffic incidents, road closures, traffic delays, and other restrictions that affect this highway route or other routes you travel, the Iowa DOT offers the “Your 511” option on 511ia.org. It’s easy to subscribe to Your 511 and sign up to receive the email/text alerts. Visit https://iowadot.gov/511/511-full-feature-website-help/how-to-videos for simple, step-by-step instructions.
Contact: Scott Suhr at 712-326-3712 or info@CouncilBluffsInterstate.com