AMES, Iowa – Jan. 14, 2020 – Today, the Iowa Transportation Commission approved $4 million in total funding for eight projects from Iowa's Clean Air Attainment Program. The program was created in 1994 for the purpose of reducing transportation-related congestion and air pollution. This funding is available to cities, counties, state agencies, and nonprofit organizations through an annual application-based program.
The projects and approved funding amounts are listed below.
- #6 Brown, Add Night Service – Year 1 (Ames Transit Agency) - $29,108
- #11 Cherry, Add Night Service – Year 1 (Ames Transit Agency) - $32,562
- #12 Lilac, Add Midday Service – Year 1 (Ames Transit Agency) - $30,728
- Euclid/Douglas Avenue Crosstown (Route 50) - Year 3 (Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority) - $313,749
- First Phase Deployment Ames Traffic Signal Master Plan (Ames) - $1,176,518
- Iowa 17 (S. Avenue) Railroad Overpass and 200th St Connection (Boone County) –$800,000
- Roundabout at Warrior Lane, Ashworth Dr., and Northview Dr. (Waukee) - $1,277,370
- West Ames Changes: (New Expansion Route #12 Lilac & Bus; Added frequency (#1 Red, #11 Cherry, #7 Purple) – Year 2, (Ames Transit Agency) - $339,965
Contact: Debra Arp at 515-239-1681 or firstname.lastname@example.org